Waiting for the Bus
- Arrive at the bus stop at least 5 minutes early.
- Each bus stop sign is identified with the route name. When waiting for the bus, stand at the nearest bus stop sign.
- Each bus is identified by the route name located on the top front of the bus.
- Do not approach the bus until it has come to a complete stop.
- Rider buses are equipped with automated voice and text messaging making stops easily identifiable.
Entering Rider Vehicles
- Enter through the front door of Rider buses.
- Pay the fare with exact change, Rider Bus Pass, Smart Card, Rider Spare Fare Card or Transfer Pass.
- If you need to get a Transfer Pass for the next Rider bus, please inform the driver as you board the bus.
- All Rider buses are equipped to accommodate 2 bikes. Load bikes onto front of bus prior to boarding.
Priority Seating for persons with disabilities has been designated. Other passengers are asked to allow senior citizens and persons with disabilities to sit in this area, even if it means that other passengers are required to change seats or to stand.
- Take your seat as soon as possible.
- Do not change seats unless absolutely necessary.
- Children are not permitted to ride in strollers while on the bus. In addition, strollers must be closed and stowed safely while on the bus.
- Mobility devices utilized by passengers must be secured in the Priority Seating area while on the bus.
- Transfers are good only at approved transfer points.
- Exit from the rear door when leaving a Rider bus to expedite boarding and exiting. Persons with disabilities should use front door, which is curb level.
- Surveillance cameras are in use on every Rider bus for your safety.
- Do not carry open cans, bottles, and food on the bus.
- Do not smoke on any Rider buses.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on Rider buses.
- Do not use profanity on Rider buses.
- Weapons are prohibited on the bus.
- No items or conditions are permitted on the bus that may pose a health hazard for other riders or transit staff.
- No disruptive behavior or abusive language will be permitted.
Along the road, Rider stops are marked with Bus stop signs. Each sign indicates the bus route that is picked up at that location. To view and/or print out route maps with stops, go to
To view and/or print route schedules, go to
For Everyone’s health and safety, SHIRT and SHOES are REQUIRED when riding the bus.
Drinks and Food
Open cans, bottles, and food are prohibited on the bus.
Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on Rider buses.
Playing individual radios on the bus distracts the driver and other passengers. For this reason individual radios, electronic games and equipment are prohibited on Rider buses unless with headphones used properly.
Lost and Found
If you think that you left something on a Rider bus please call 704.920.7433. Articles that are found on Rider vehicles are turned over to the Transit Administrator. Unclaimed articles will be discarded after 30 days.
Exiting Rider Vehicles
- Exit from the rear door when leaving a Rider bus. This minor effort allows boarding passengers to use the front door and helps to keep the bus on schedule.
- Persons with disabilities should exit at the front of the bus which is curb level.